Scion Owner Spotlight> BLACK MAMBA
BY Scion CM
Everyone has their own story of getting their Scion. 2011 tC Owner, jro21otc2, found his Scion while looking for something else. Since then, he's become very involved with the Scion community and is always building upon his tC's performance and aggressive looks.
Scion CM: What made you choose your Scion?
JRO21OTC2: I had a truck and the price of gas was killing my wallet. I found myself filling up the gas tank every three days. I needed a reliable & economical way of getting around. A co-worker offered to show me how to drive a 2009 Corolla XRS with a standard trans. I was hooked. It took me about two days to learn the basics of a manual and then I headed to the dealer to purchase a black XRS.
Sadly they had just been discontinued and that's when I saw her. A beautiful black 2011 Scion tC with a bigger engine than the XRS and only two doors, beautiful body lines and me being 6'3" more room (meaning my knees were not in the dash) and more cargo space than the XRS. After a test drive I wanted one on the spot - but I had to wait a week for the dealer to get one with the options I had requested.
Scion CM: How did you decide which modifications to make?
JRO21OTC2:I really never intended to modify my tC2 it just sort of happened. Lol! It all started with the purchase of a Seibon Carbon Fiber VSII hood.
The goal of this build has always been to balance functionality, performance and visually enhance its aggressive body lines. It's a work in progress with many more mods to come. I tend not to follow the latest "trends" when modifying my car instead I look at the car scene as a whole for inspiration . For example, I'm from California so I grew up seeing low riders, muscle cars, imports, etc. You can see styling cues on my car from every category I've mentioned. I like to switch it up and go against the grain of what is traditionally considered the norm.
Black Mamba's Modifications
- Descendant Cold Air Intake
- DESCENDANT RACING 2.5 SS EXHAUST
- DESCENDANT Carbon Fiber Cooling Plate
- DESCENDANT Carbon Fiber Engine Cover
- AC Insulation
- INJEN HYDRO SHIELD (BLACK)
- TWM PERFORMANCE SHORT SHIFTER + BASE BUSHINGS
- Standard Suspension R3 Coilover System
- Cusco Strut Tower Bar
- Eibach Sportlines (uninstalled)
Wheel & Tire Combo
- XXR 527
- 18X8.75 +20 FRONT
- 18X9.75 +20 REAR
- GOODYEAR EAGLE GT TIRES
- 235/40/ZR18 FRONT
- 245/40/ZR18 REAR
- OEM Scion Floor Mats
- TWM PERFORMANCE WEIGHTED BIG TYPE R RL (BLACK PEARL FINISH) SHIFT KNOB
- OEM Rear Spoiler
- S2000 Antenna
- P-tuning Lisence Plate Relocator
- 5% Tint
- Berggs Rear Window Visor
- Black Carbon Fiber Vinyl Eyelids
- PAINTED TAIL LIGHTS W/ VHT NIGHT SHADES
- OEM MUD FLAPS
- Hidden antenna mod
- SEIBON CARBON FIBER FRONT LIP
- SEIBON CARBON FIBER VSII HOOD
- TRD BADGE
- Standard Suspension
- R3 Coilover System
- Japanese Rising Sun Granade
- DDM 8K 55W HID HEADLIGHTS
- DDM 8K 55W HID FOG LIGHTS
- Piaa Hyper White reverse light
- -TRD PAI
- -ALPINE INA-W910
- -DE BADGE GRILL
- -DEBADGE THE TRUNK
- -DESCENDANT RACING TURBO KIT
- -LED PARKING LIGHTS
- -LED SIGNAL LIGHTS
- -PAINTED INTERIOR
- -WINDOW VISORS
- -AEM Air Intake Bypass Valve (Use w/3.0" Intake Tubing)
- -Injen Technology Polished Aluminum Air Filter Heat Shield/Splash Guard
- -TRD Sway Bars
- -CARBON FIBER SEIBON REAR HATCH
Jro21otc2 is continuously making changes on his tC – for example last weekend he painted some interior trim with color-changing paint! To follow along, check out his build page: http://www.scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204644. For those of you in Texas, you might find Black Mamba hanging out at Scion Expo events or with Team Scion Eyed around San Antonio.